SBCHC’s South Bay Youth Project provides short-term counseling and other supportive social services delivered by Licensed Mental Health Therapists, to at-risk or underserved children, adolescents, and families in local schools and other community-based organizations.
The following services are offered:
- Individual and family counseling
- School-Based Counseling services are currently offered in the following school districts:
- El Segundo Unified School District
- Hermosa Beach City School District
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District
- Redondo Beach Unified School District
- Torrance Unified School District
- Our Wilderness Program provides transformational team building, leadership and self-awareness opportunities for teens attending Patricia Dreizler Continuation High School
- Behavioral health assistance is provided to community-based organizations working with children living with special health needs.
- Trainings on a variety of health & wellness topics are available for schools and other community-based organizations by request as funding permits.
- In-home Prevention and Aftercare services through a partnership with the South Bay Center for Counseling (SBCC).
- Children and adolescents attending participating schools or community-based organizations and meeting criteria set by each partner.
- All programs and services are available at no cost to the student or parents/caregivers.
- Special trainings for schools or community-based organizations are available by request pending staff availability and funding.